Last night’s wine-tasting at the WI proved to be our most popular event yet. This is perhaps no surprise when you consider that the tea-tray at our monthly meetings generally sulks forlornly in the corner. Our thirty or so members tend instead to opt for wine to lubricate the evening.
- The slower the ‘legs’ running down the inside of the wine glass, the greater the alcohol content.
- Almost every red wine benefits from being given time to breathe.
- Holding your wine glass by the stem or the base keeps the wine at the correct temperature.
- The Chequers Inn is an excellent place to continue practising ones wine-tasting skills.
- Despite it being more than a decade since I last tried, I can still put my leg behind my head.
- And do a cartwheel.
- Going to bed three hours before the school run is inadvisable.
- My hangovers last significantly longer than they did in my twenties.